Your immune system is a complex system that integrates specific organs (like the thymus, spleen, and liver), blood cells, and many other mechanisms to keep you healthy. This protective system is ultimately what helps detect and fights off any invaders that you come in contact with.
Keeping your immune system in tip top shape may be on the top of your mind right now with worldwide concern for disease. There are many ways that you can naturally boost your immune system to stay as healthy as possible in these strange times.
The Spectrum of Immune Responses
With everything working in sync, the body can adequately defend itself and keep your entire system running as efficiently as possible. A strong immune system makes it significantly easier to prevent or recover more quickly from issues like a bacterial or viral infection. It can quickly identify and fight against foreign cells such as viruses, bacteria, and even cancer cells. So if you notice you are feeling lethargic, feverish or swollen, this probably means your immune system is hard at work fighting off invaders and restoring homeostasis.
Unfortunately, it can also be overactive. This can lead to autoimmune and inflammatory diseases that cause the body to attack its own cells. Examples of this include diabetes type 1, lupus, and multiple sclerosis.
How Do I Boost My Immune System?
Here are the top ways to start boosting your immune system immediately. The best part is that most of these tips are good for your overhealth anyways.
- Good hygiene with regular hand washing and avoiding touching your face (no antibacterial soap needed).
- Food hygiene including thoroughly cooking meat and adequate produce cleansing
- A balanced diet high in nutrient dense whole foods, including fruits and vegetables.
- Supplements such as vitamin D (also possible with sun exposure).
- Mental health strategies and stress management techniques.
- Regular exercise and sustainable weight management.
- Limiting or completely avoiding bad habits like smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Vaccinations for certain high risk diseases.
- Holistic care to optimize full body function and balance including acupuncture, physical therapy, cognitive therapy, and chiropractic care.
Chiropractic Care and the Immune System
Did you know the organs and cells that play a direct role in the body’s immune response have direct input from the nervous system? So, what ultimately affects neural inputs? Spinal alignment.
Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) is a specialized, results-oriented, science-based approach that focuses on optimizing spinal alignment. The elite team at Advanced Spine and Posture in Las Vegas uses this unique technique to get to the true source of body dysfunction. When the spine is in better alignment, nerve flow is restored and can help the immune system do its job without mixed or weak neural signals.
If the body is out of sync, this can lead to poor allocation of energy and further weaken the immune system. With proper signals, the body can properly detect and fight off infection. Plus, adequate balance throughout the body will maximize the amount of energy the body has for sustaining its immunity. Chat with Advanced Spine and Posture about boosting your body’s function today.