Class IV Laser Therapy
Cold Lasers or Low-Level Laser Therapy [LLLT] about 100 times more powerful than a modern-day laser pointer) they are able to penetrate about half a centimeter into the tissue.
High Power Laser Therapy (HPLT) is about 15 times more powerful than the previous generation “Cold Lasers”. This means that the latest generation of laser can penetrate much deeper than the older laser units and deliver results in a fraction of the time.
Laser therapy does not replace exercises or rehabilitation, it is used as a component of a holistic treatment program, to help decrease pain and inflammation naturally, without medications; and to allow the body to heal itself at an accelerated rate.
The Class IV laser we use in our clinic is the Lightforce FXi produced by Lightcure. It is a class IV laser with power ranging from 5-15 Watts. Treatment sessions last between 8-12 minutes per body region. This new technology, combined with increased power and depth of penetration, is a pain-free way to speed up healing, reduce inflammation, and reduce both chronic and acute pain. All that is felt during the session is a warming sensation and possibly pressure from the massage ball, one of the attachment heads used for certain treatments. The Lightcure has pre-set protocols for specific treatments such as sprains, radiculopathy, meniscus, patella/femoral disorders, myofascitis, arthritis, plantar fasciitis, headaches, and trauma. Patients will typically see a noticeable difference after 4-6 sessions for acute injuries and may need up to 10-12 session for more chronic injuries or conditions.
The Lightforce class IV laser is currently used by NFL, NBA, NHL, and collegiate athletic teams to help their athletes recover and return to play faster than traditional therapeutic measures.
- APTA, World Health Organization, IASP (International Association for the Study of Pain)
- Athletic trainers of NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, FIFA, and Olympic Athletes/Teams
Type of Treatment:
- Surgical Avoidance treatment programs
- Pre/post surgery
Targets: Both Chronic and acute conditions; small and large areas
- Pain, inflammation, wound healing
- Delivery of oxygen/sugars/proteins/salts resulting in tissue regeneration to promote healing
- Increase in mobility and function
- Photochemical response for damaged/dysfunctional tissue
- Resulting in Long-term pain management
What Patients Can Expect
- Direct skin contact- as lasers cannot penetrate through clothing- direct contact allows for maximum absorption, but we can use laser therapy hovering above exposed skin as well
- Warming sensation of the skin during the administration of laser therapy
- The massage ball laser attachment head allows a deeper penetration through the tissue due to the ability to move and manipulate the tissue via the massage head- allowing for manipulation of blood, water, and fat to disperse and give a direct path for the Laser treatment of the specific region
Different treatment areas:
- Forehead, temples, sinus, neck
- Shoulders, Hips, Knees
- Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar, Sacral spine
- Fibromyalgia- multilevel approach
- Neuropathy- sensory, motor, autonomic
- Tendinitis, Bursitis, Capsulitis/Synovitis, Sprains/Strains, Contractures, Trauma, Radiculopathy
- Headaches/Migraines, Pinched Nerves, Trigger Points, TMJ, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis