What Can a Chiropractor Do About Your Nagging Knee Pain?
Knee pain is a common complaint among millions of American adults. It usually pops up when you bend over and feel an acute stinging sensation, or pain while walking or jogging. At first, you may think it’s a “wear and tear” injury or arthritis. The reality is that it could be anything from arthritis to an overstrained tendon. It’s virtually impossible to tell without a professional eye.
The joint and ligaments surrounding the knee need to be strong to provide support for all kinds of activities. When they’re compromised, localized pain is one of the first indicators that you need to seek help. Whatever the cause, nagging, chronic knee pain can make it hard to live your life.
That’s where chiropractic care comes in. Many sufferers of ongoing knee pain are finding that through spinal alignments and complementary treatments, it’s possible to mitigate or eliminate localized pain naturally. The expert team at Advanced Spine and Posture is excited to help Las Vegas, NV patients address their chronic pain. Read on to find out how chiropractic can provide long-term results for knee-related issues.
Removing painkillers from the equation
Many people mistakenly believe that only temporary solutions – such as Cortisone shots or prescription drugs – are the only way to treat knee pain. The reality is that chiropractic is a conservative, low-risk treatment plan that offers results without the nasty side effects of painkillers or the invasive approach of shots.
Chiropractic starts with an accurate, thorough diagnosis of your pain. Knee pain may be caused by osteoarthritis, a nagging injury, referred pain, or excessive weight. Ultimately, an examination and evaluation will determine the specific cause. Determining exactly what’s going on in your case is essential before deciding on a treatment program. Treating something like arthritis may have a different approach than something non-descript, like a recent trauma.
The chiropractic solution to knee pain
No matter what the cause, your chiropractor will create a targeted treatment plan using Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP), designed for your individual condition. There’s no “one size fits all” in CBP, which helps to assure that the right approach is being taken and that progress and results are measureable. This method can be used to treat knee pain in several specific ways:
- The spine may be the root cause of the problem due to its multifaceted role in the central nervous system. Correcting spinal misalignments through adjustment is at the heart of chiropractic treatment.
- Chiropractic can also provide hip and knee manipulation. This is important for mobilizing the joints and reducing inflammation, while testing range of motion.
- A chiropractor may correct a patient’s posture to distribute body weight evenly, lessening the burden of stress on an affected knee.
- Physical therapy can be useful to rehabilitate injury and lose weight. A chiropractor can prescribe targeted exercises along with nutritional advice to ensure long-term healing.
- Complementary treatments, such as trigger point therapy or myofascial release, can assist in alleviating stress, while improving the flow of nutrients to soft tissue.
Say goodbye to nagging knee pain
Are you tired of waking up in the morning with chronic knee pain? Are your bad knees keeping you from your desired level of activity? If so, it’s time to work with Advanced Spine and Posture in Las Vegas, NV. Our chiropractic team will use Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) to create a tailored plan to address your specific knee pain. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Chiropractic BioPhysics, or CBP, is one of the most scientific, researched, and results-oriented corrective care techniques. CBP-trained chiropractors aim to realign the spine back to health, eliminating nerve interference and addressing the source of pain, fatigue, and disease. As with all chiropractic care, CBP is gentle, painless, and non-invasive.